We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven individual to join our skilled, highly successful team -
Lead Quality Inspector
STRICTLY, no agencies please.
All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of 2 satisfactory references being obtained from your referees & proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Lead Quality Inspector
Due to retirement, we are looking for a Lead Quality Inspector to join our precision engineering team in Market Harborough. In return, we can offer a competitive salary depending on experience, 33 days annual leave, regular overtime, company workwear and PPI, onsite parking as well as a Workplace Pension Scheme.
MJ Engineering Ltd is a well-established Precision Engineering sub-contractor. In our purpose built unit, temperature controlled working environment in rural surroundings, we continually invest in the latest CNC machines and technology, supplying a long standing customer base, with capacity to attract new clients.
This is a key role within our business, instrumental in ensuring that products are delivered fully and on time, delegating and managing departmental workloads whilst resolving any problem areas that may arise.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Daily inspection / first offs of precision machined components
Complete PPAP’s & FAIR documentary requirements, maintain records
Improvements to departmental process & calibration management
Report non-conformances & support root cause analysis for corrective action
Provide support & management of product issues identified by customers & suppliers
We envisage the right candidate working alongside our current Lead Quality Inspector (prior to retirement) to ensure a full handover & any training can be delivered as necessary.
The successful Lead Quality Inspector will have the following experience:
- Time served engineering apprentice
- Extensive experience in similar quality role within high precision engineering
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to work to ISO9001:2015
- Fault finding experience to component level capability
- IT Proficient eg: Word / Excel
- A positive, can-do attitude to overcome technical problems and receptive to new ideas
- Ability to work within a high-pressured production environment with a willingness to go the extra distance to ensure that schedules are met
Candidate should be able to demonstrate –
- Ability to review and understand technical machine drawings and specifications
- Experience of using engineering hand-held metrology instruments (Vernier calipers, micrometres, plug gauges etc)
- Ability to operate precision CMM machine / Shadowgraph, but training can be given
- Fully conversant in both Metric & Imperial
- Excellent understanding of engineering tolerances and surface finishing
This is a full time position of 39 hours per week. Mon – Thurs 7:30am – 4pm, with a 3pm finish on Fridays.